|How to hide “last seen” on WhatsApp|
Whatever your excuses and reason, if you want to hide the last seen time, regularly referred to as “last seen” on WhatsApp, all you need to do is read and reply your messages offline.
This is how you do it:
- Make sure you have the “auto download” feature enabled. To do so, go to your phone’s WhatsApp chat, click the three dotted lines to see a list of options, click “Settings” then click “Chat settings” then finish with clicking “Media auto-download”. This way you will have all photos, audios and videos downloaded.
- Disable data and/or WiFi network before opening the WhatsApp screen.
- Once confirmed that internet access is disconnected, open WhatsApp aand read the messages.
If you want to reply the messages at once without showing your ‘last seen’, this is what you do:
- While still offline (internet disconnected), compose all the messages needing a reply.
- Hit to send messages (the will stay pending until there is internet connection)
- Close WhatsApp and get out
- Re-enable the internet access
Once the internet connectivity is re-established, WhatsApp will synchronize with the servers and send your messages without updating your ‘last seen’ login time.
Alternatively, you can go to Google’s play store and download an app that will disable-enable the internet connection for you. Query words eg. WhatsApp secret or WhatsaApp last seen etc.
Tip: You can also use airplane mode toggle to turn on/off all wireless connectivity at once.